Monday 21 January 2013

Hetty Feather Book Review

Hi guys! This weekend I was reading a lot. That's why I didn't post as often as I could. However, I did finish my books and I would really like to share them with you!
Sorry boys, I was reading Jacqueline Wilson books so they might not appeal to you!
Ok, so first of all. I love Jacqueline Wilson. *-*
She's my favourite author of all time! Her books are quite girly and most of them are for teenage readers - although I started reading her books at 9.
So far I have collected her entire collection of books and I even need to keep some in the attic!
This weekend I read Hetty Feather. The first book of her trilogy.


As you can see, the books have a similar style to them. They also have different names, although the girl on each cover is the same.

Hetty Feather is a foundling in the 1800's. A foundling is a child who was abandoned by their mother because she was unfit to look after them. She was put in a Foundling Hospital in London and was treated harshly by evil matrons who liked to pick on her and whip her. However, when she was a baby she was looked after by folk in the country until the age of 5.
She goes on many adventures with her goal of finding her dear Mama. Will she ever find her long lost mother? Read the book to find out!

I have already read these books but I cannot review Saphire Battersea or Emerald Star without giving away the ending to Hetty Feather! xD
I would recommend this story to age 10+
You can find her books online or in your local book store.
I hope you enjoy reading this book as much as I did! I'll even take a picture of my Jacqueline Wilson collection! Haha.

-Twinkie

No comments :

Post a Comment

Please add a 'magical' comment. :)